With the shift from physical to online conferencing, technology has become a strong enabler in bridging language gaps between organizations and individuals. That's why we continue to reinforce strict guidelines for the hardware used to deliver remote simultaneous interpretation on the Interprefy platform. Three key elements are essential in order for all events participants - from speakers to interpreters - to speak, hear and be heard clearly and without any interruption.
Before each event, we will perform a thorough soundcheck with interpreters to ensure all key requirements are met for a successful interpretation job. Read these tips on how to troubleshoot on the interpreter's soft console.
Key components and minimum requirements
You do not need a gaming-level power machine in order to deliver RSI, but a desktop or laptop computer that can reliably endure processing multiple video and audio streams for hours.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or higher
- CPU score: 3,500 or higher
- Operating system: Windows 8 or higher / macOS High Sierra or higher
- Browser: Google Chrome, latest updated version
How to measure CPU score
How to double-check your computer settings
We recommend to perform the following steps well in advance to a session.
- Update your internet browser, if a newer version is available.
- Adjust your computer sound settings to match the incoming audio input and output with your headset or microphone and headphones.
- Adjust your power settings: Prevent your computer from initiating sleep or hibernation mode during the event.
- Make sure your operating system is updated and update to latest version, if available.
Fast ethernet cable internet connection
Wi-Fi is prone to interferences and does not provide a reliable basis for uninterrupted video and audio streaming. Weather conditions, other users in the network and more factors can slow your connection down. That's why we strongly encourage connecting your computer via ethernet cable to the internet. For interpreters working on the Interprefy platform, this is an absolute must, as it will provide you with a worry-free steady and reliable internet connection.
- Connection type: Ethernet cable internet connection (Wi-Fi not approved)
- Minimum speed: 2 Mbps upload- & download speed
- Recommended speed: 10 Mbps download, 4 Mbps upload or higher
- Ping value: below 50
- Jitter value: below 15
Professional audio hardware
Make sure to use a professional-level noise-canceling USB headset or professional desktop microphone along with over-ear headphones.